Home-cooked vegan meals... without losing your mindGet organized to nourish and delight your family
Are you losing your mind trying to feed your family healthy vegan meals… that they will actually eat?
I hear you. I always enjoyed cooking for myself and also having friends and family over for meals. But cooking for my husband and our children every single day is a lot trickier.
Of course, I want the food to taste good – otherwise even I will be reluctant to eat it. But that’s not the only thing!
- Nutrition: Iron, calcium, omega 3s, fiber, vitamin, protein… are they getting enough? All moms worry about this but vegan moms perhaps more so.
- Picky eaters: My children are still discovering the wide world of ingredients, so nearly every meal I make can be deconstructed to let them taste components separately.
- Whole foods: I cook with whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds as much as possible, avoiding prepared and processed foods.
- Diversity: We enjoy a variety of meals and cuisines. It’s also a way to ensure we get the whole spectrum of nutrients.
- Avoiding food waste: Rotting produce and uneaten leftovers are a waste of money and effort – both the farmers’ and my own!
- Time: Cooking is not the only thing I have or want to do in life.
Plus, I want everything to be vegan.
You, too, can adopt a few simple routines to plan, prepare and serve vegan meals that will nourish and delight your family every day.
Recent posts and recipes
When you have these vegetables in the fridge, plus a few vegan pantry staples, you can improvise a delicious and nutritious meal in minutes. Read about my vegan grocery list picks and get recipe inspiration to use them.
2020 sucked. But millions of amazing humans kept on showing up, day after day, to make our world a better place. Show your gratitude. Here’s mine.
You know it: vegan meal prep is what you have to do to enjoy delicious and nutritious plant-based meals made mostly with whole foods on a day-to-day basis. In principle, it sounds like a fantastic idea: plan meals Friday night, get groceries Saturday, and spend Sunday...
Just because you went vegan doesn’t mean you shouldn’t eat pizza ever again. In fact, your pizza universe is just about to explode with so many new flavors to discover! Check out this easy and lazy process for the best vegan pizza.
Fresh produce year round is not a bounty I take for granted. Maybe it's showing my age but, growing up, a "salad" in the winter meant a few chunks of iceberg lettuce with, maybe, slices of cucumber and halved cherry tomatoes. Today's global food distribution system...
Soup is part of the solution to every problem worth solving in the world: hunger, of course, but also sickness, loneliness, anxiety, conflict, income inequality, fiber and vitamin deficiencies, and animal agriculture (among others). And the best thing about it is that...
What if you could cook improvise practically any dinner, with just pantry ingredients and some fresh produce? It's absolutely possible with a well-stocked selection of vegan pantry staples. I compiled the list of the most frequently used ingredients that go into my...
We all need a quick Friday night vegan dish idea in our back pocket. The kind we'll pull out when our day has been flipped upside down due to unpleasant surprises (leaky toilet, web site break down, tantrum over lost toy...). The kind of recipe that, once we remember...
What does my family eat for dinner? I thought I would share a pretty-typical week of vegan family dinners at our table. As usual, I followed the Vegan Family Meal Plan. I made a big effort to snap some quick pictures before starting to eat. I hope that new and...