With the charismatic Jean-Philippe Cyr, delicious and comforting vegan dishes are served with a side of self-deprecating humor… or is it the other way around?
Jean-Philippe, a.k.a. The Buddhist Chef, just published his most recent English-language cookbook, The Buddhist Chef’s Homestyle Cooking, and we chatted about:
- How being from a big Quebec family influenced his cooking journey
- What triggered his transition from restaurant chef specializing in meat to vegan YouTuber
- How to make tofu and tempeh delicious
- How he collaborates with large supermarket chains to create ready-to-eat vegan dishes
- And the social struggles of vegans!
Watch the video or listen right here, or tune into our conversation on your favorite podcast app (look for the Vegan Family Kitchen podcast).