Think you’re too busy to eat healthy home cooked vegan meals? Think again! This 1-hour cooking demo from the Virtual VegFest shows a quick vegan meal prep plan you can accomplish in just one hour.
Thanks for Helene of Virtual VegFest for hosting this fun event! Make sure to subscribe to their YouTube channel for more great vegan content.
Quick vegan meal prep building blocks
If you follow the steps from the video, you’ll find yourself with the following building blocks, which you can combine with simple pantry ingredients and/or extra salad greens to create healthy, tasty meals through the week:
- Millet (or the whole grain of your choice, like quinoa or farro or barley)
- Roasted vegetables
- Vegetable and chickpea soup
- Pizza dough
What my family had for dinner, using the results of this quick vegan meal prep
- Roasted veggie and millet bowl with kale, sautéed tofu cubes, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of dressing (kids had it “deconstructed”)
- “Pizza pockets” (calzones) requested by the kids: they had theirs with vegan pepperoni and cheesy shreds (plus olives for my daughter) while ours were stuffed with roasted vegetables, arugula, and a bit of cheesy shreds. Both were made with tomato sauce.
- Soup with thick slices of olive bread (from a local bakery) and hummus
- Pasta with pesto and roasted vegetables
And I enjoyed more soup for lunches throughout the week. Leftover pesto will be enjoyed on toast with sautéed mushrooms.
What’s in your quick vegan meal prep?
Comment below to let me know what you like to prep when time is tight.