Can fertility improve with a plant-based diet? Research certainly seems to be on the side of a reduction in meat intake having a positive effect. Generally, healthy plant-based diets focused on whole foods also have the potential to improve many of the factors that influence fertility. To talk about it, I invited Dr. Jenny Lee on the podcast.
Dr. Jenny Lee is a board-certified physician in both Internal Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine, in addition to serving as a wellness coach. Through her work as a physician, she has seen many people developing and suffering from chronic disease caused by lifestyle. This is why she was drawn to lifestyle medicine where the focus is on nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress management, and relationships to prevent or reverse chronic disease. She also loves coaching, as it is more of a partnership between two people, where she works together with her clients toward their goals. Her passion is helping women with fertility issues. Through her own fertility struggles years ago, she learned the importance of lifestyle and diet. Against the odds, she became pregnant naturally twice with her miracle babies, who are now 3 and 1 year old.
In this episode she shares:
- her professional and personal journey as an independent perfectionist who learned to accept help,
- how she transitioned her diet to plant-based, removed toxic products from her routines, and improved her life and health,
- her struggles with fertility treatments and how she hit “pause” on that stressful process,
- her passion for supporting women through their own fertility journeys,
- what she recommends her clients do first when they want to improve their lifestyle and fertility.
If you like the idea of eating more plants (and fewer animal products), but feel overwhelmed by the options or just tired of deciding what’s for dinner, I can help. Try out my one-week free sample Vegan Meal Plan and see how much peace of mind can arise from knowing you’re organized to eat tasty, healthy plant-based dinners: https://veganfamilykitchen.com/planned-plant-based/. Keep on cooking!