What is a batch cooking club?
A batch cooking club is a group of people who get together for the purpose of cooking up a bunch of dishes. If they are lucky enough to get together in person, they can each take home a container filled with a bit of every dish. If they meet virtually on Zoom, then they may all follow a shared set of recipes, or each cook their own thing.
I created the Plant-based Cooking Club as a companion to the Vegan Meal Plans, so subscribers could get together and get their prep done efficiently. It’s also a good time to ask me any question you might have about the recipes or plant-based cooking in general.
Why batch cooking clubs are amazing
The range of benefits from participating in a batch cooking club is so broad that it’s hard to imagine something in your life it wouldn’t improve! Here are some of the most obvious ones.
You fill your fridge with homemade delicious and nutritious food
In a single, 1- to 3-hour batch cooking session with a few cooking mates, you will end up with a lot of great food to enjoy throughout the coming week (or more if you freeze some). That means:
- you don’t eat toast for dinner;
- you have great lunches;
- you avoid the temptation of ordering expensive and greasy food;
- you cut back on salty processed food with dubious ingredients;
- you decrease the food and packaging waste associated with restaurant and processed foods.
Best of all, when you warm up the dishes, they taste even better than when they were freshly made (because the flavors had a chance to meld and develop) and you enjoy the memories of the moments spent together with your cooking mates.
You increase your odds of showing up in the kitchen
Many of us recognize the potential power of regular batch cooking and meal prep, but few of us actually do it week after week after week.
Having a set date in the kitchen with a group makes it a lot more likely that you will show up to cook. It’s the same kind of accountability that comes from a running group.
You expand your palate
Let’s face it: many of us are stuck in a rut when it comes to cooking and eating. We stick to the same familiar dishes and have the same meals over and over again. When we cook together following the Vegan Meal Plans, you may expand the boundaries of our plates and discover new ingredients and flavors.
You also grow your cooking skills in the process.
You learn from other people and grow your own confidence
Most of us know more than we think about cooking by virtue of having cooked many meals in the past. When you cook with others, you soon discover that different families and traditions have different ways of doing certain tasks, and it’s not only fun but also effective to learn tricks from others. We all have something to share that will enhance someone else’s life! Cooking together is an opportunity to shine together.
You create friendships and grow community
Being the sole plant-based person in your family or surroundings can feel a bit lonely. When you join the Plant-based Batch Cooking Club, you get to work with others who share your goal and it anchors you in a web of relationships that creates community. You realize that you are far from alone!
Plus, while in the kitchen, you may choose to share some stories with your cooking buddies, too. You won’t feel “on the spot” because everyone’s got their eyes on their cutting boards!
Join the Plant-based Batch Cooking Club now
Cooking really good food together is always a good investment of time, so let’s do it! I would be thrilled to cook with you.
- One year membership. After one year, you are encouraged and welcome to continue participating for free as long as there are meetings happening.
- At least 26 virtual cooking club meetings per year (2 or 3 per month), mostly on Sundays but also occasional Monday night “catch up” sessions to help you get back on the prepping wagon when you fell off. All meetings use Zoom.
- Every session includes a short lesson or demo you can immediately implement to make your cooking faster, tastier, and more nutritious.
- Lifetime subscription to the Vegan Meal Plans ($128 value) which delivers a fresh, healthy, seasonal plant-based meal plan every two weeks to your inbox (recipes, shopping list, prep steps, and more).
- Members-only group chat (using Facebook Messenger app) to share your cooking victories and support each other.
- Direct access to Brigitte via text messaging whenever you have questions.
Batch cooking really good food is the best gift you can give yourself for the New Year. I look forward to doing it with you!
Also available on a payment plan (4 payments of $60 each).
All fees USD.
=> Existing Vegan Meal Plan subscribers get a discounted rate, check your inbox or contact Brigitte for the coupon code and make sure to log in before filling the form below.
Schedule for 2023
Club sessions are a minimum of one hour. You’ll be amazed how much you can cook in that one hour with the energy from your cooking mates! Often we keep going a little longer.
Sessions are on Sundays at 2 p.m. Pacific / 3 p.m. Mountain / 4 p.m. Central / 5 p.m. Eastern (subject to change with two weeks notice)
- January 1st, 15th, 29th
- February 12th, 26th
- March 12th
- April 2nd, 16th, 30th
- May 14th, 28th
- June 11th, 18th
- July 30th
- August 27th
- September 10th, 24th
- October 8th, 22nd
- November 5th, 19th
- December 3rd, 17th, 31st
Is it possible to watch a video of a cooking club session- or attend one for free (or small fee) before I commit to one year?
Of course! Just email me at hello (at) veganfamilykitchen (dot) com to make arrangements.